Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 14 - Pop Rocks Planet

The Mickster was assigned Uranus as his planet study and project. We decided instead of the usual model that most create we would make a poster with a half Uranus and items that represent facts about Uranus. The Mickster and I researched that the 7th planet from the sun has 11 rings, 27 moons and is covered with ice and rocks. I bought plastic wedding rings and tied them to the poster. Then I helped him with writing the numbers while he drew a sun and the moon. For the rocks, I didn't want to use real rocks from our yard since it would be too heavy for the posterboard...instead I found some Pop Rocks candy at the store.


I loved Pop Rocks candy growing up while the Mickster had never tried the them before. He found the popping, fizzing sensation to be quite ticklish and funny. He giggled and giggled. We both ate some while making sure to save some for his project.


I bet you can figure out my blond moment. Yes, when we poured the Pop Rocks on top of the quarter size glue spot...they started popping and fizzing. LOL I had to cover them with my hands so they wouldn't go flying everywhere. LOL And of course, it took all night and by morning it was still not completely dried.


Sorry I forgot to take a picture of his project before it made it's way to his school. I'll post it later when it return home.


post signature


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE poprocks...I havn't had them in ages!!

xoxoxo
katestclair

karinco said...

I sell poprocks but I haven't let Meek try them yet. Do you know they have them in a candy bar now??

I can't wait to see how Mick's project turned out. What a cool idea! I told you you are the most creative person I know!

littlewonders said...

I love it! I can just see the Pop Rocks springing around the house while you are trying to hold them down!

Hey, tell the Mickster he can come work at my house any time!